Definition : Insurance - Claims adjuster

A representative of the insurer generally mandated to

He must hold a “certificat d’expertise en règlement de sinistres” (expert certificate in settlement of loss) issued by the “Autorité des marches financiers” (Financial Market Authority) and be a member of the “Chambre de l’assurance de dommages” (Damage Insurance Chamber).

Related articles

Gérer un sinistre ne se résume pas à appeler son assureur et attendre la suite des choses. En cas de sinistre, seriez-vous prêt à y faire face?
View more
After being victims of a loss, the members of the board of directors and the affected co-owners are often caught off guard. How will things unfold? There is no need to worry or panic, because in principle, once the notice of loss completed, various stakeholders get involved: the insurer of the syndicate, but also that of co-owners and lessees, who will respectively designate their own claim adjuster. Generally the co-owners affected by a loss, as well as the syndicate, believe that making a claim is always the right thing to do. This is true in many cases, but sometimes the syndicate might want to refrain from doing so.  
View more
Water damage is the leading cause of loss in co-ownership. It is more and more costly, for syndicates and their insurers. In the last ten years, occurrences of water damages have more than doubled. Lack of maintenance, sub-standard construction and climate changes are the main culprits.  In most cases water damage affects equally common and private portions, thus it is one of the most complex loss to adjust.
View more
Effective management of a loss (e.g. water damage and fire) requires the implementation  of prompt and effective actions so that your building is repaired in the best delays. This article is a summary, of the precautions to be taken and a check list of things to do once you become aware of a loss, whether in a private or common portion of your immovable.
View more
Water damage has just occurred in my private portion. Question: Should I call my insurer, my plumber or my lawyer?
Login / Register to read this article