Definition : Insurance - Public claims adjuster

The representative of the insured generally mandated to evaluate the extent of damages, to assist him in the presentation of his claim with the insurer and to negotiate with the claims adjuster mandated by the insurer the amount of the indemnity  to be paid. He must hold a “certificate d’expertise en règlement de sinistres” (expert certificate in settlement of loss) issued by the “Autorité des marches financiers” (Financial Market Authority) and be a member of the “Chambre de l’assurance de dommages” (Damage Insurance Chamber).

Related articles

Gérer un sinistre ne se résume pas à appeler son assureur et attendre la suite des choses. En cas de sinistre, seriez-vous prêt à y faire face?
View more
Effective management of a loss (e.g. water damage and fire) requires the implementation  of prompt and effective actions so that your building is repaired in the best delays. This article is a summary, of the precautions to be taken and a check list of things to do once you become aware of a loss, whether in a private or common portion of your immovable.
View more
Water damage has just occurred in my private portion. Question: Should I call my insurer, my plumber or my lawyer?
Login / Register to read this article